One of the best things you spend your tax return on is home renovations.
When you get that refund from the IRS, you can use it to make updates to your home that end up adding real value to your property.
That check also comes at the perfect time of year for doing renovations and home remodeling. It’s not too hot and it’s not too cold. The humidity and the bugs are not an issue yet.
It may not be enough money to do a full kitchen remodel but there are a lot of smaller home improvement projects you could work on.
Below are some small budget projects you can do that will refresh the look of your home and enhance your property.
Add curb appeal
- Touching up the exterior paint
- New front door color
- Add flower boxes
- A new mailbox
- New house numbers
- Add outdoor lighting
- Plant a new tree or shrubs
- Perennial flowering plants
- Repaint details or window trim
- New porch light fixture
- Install a new water heater
- Add or replace a ceiling fan
- Install crown molding
- Smooth out popcorn ceilings
- New chandelier or lighting fixtures
- Install wood flooring
- Update bathroom tile and paint
- Add a kitchen backsplash
- Recaulk and repaint baseboards
- Add a patio or deck
- Add a brick or stone walkway
- Create an outdoor cooking area
- Put up a privacy fence
- Install a sprinkler system
Want to learn more about home remodeling projects?
Call (630) 723-6152 with your questions or estimate requests.